Power & Water Business Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Power & Water Business Manager, you will drive the sales performance of Energy Solutions in Process Automation Energy Industries (PAEN), specifying and implementing effective sales and business development initiatives in line with global strategy.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, you will be responsible for orders, revenues, and market share growth for the Automation business portfolio within the Process Automation division within the Power and Water industry. Business management of Automation Systems: Main Automation Contractor (MAC) contracts, engineering, design, project management, system delivery, and commissioning of automation, electrical, and telecommunications portfolios. Engineered solutions for Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Power Management Systems (PMS), and Integrated Safety Systems. Branded technologies include 800xA, Symphony plus and all legacy ABB control systems. Responsibilities include business development, sales strategy, resource management, demonstrations, execution planning, and strategic agreement negotiations within targeted pursuits. Management and leadership of Automation sales support resources and proposal team.
Manage activities responsible for growth in systems and solutions portfolio within a specified area of responsibility. Direct the evaluation of commercial and engineering requirements of client applications and develop strategies to satisfy those requirements while achieving maximum profit margin and customer satisfaction.
*** This is a work remote job opportunity ***
- Manage sales activities to achieve assigned order intake, margin, and other objectives within budget. Ensure that business opportunities are recognized, and the division is positioned to take full advantage of those opportunities.
- Identify targeted opportunities and develop sales strategies around owners, operators, Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPCs), General Contractors, and System Integrators. Develop key player maps, identify points of influence, and create plans to satisfy customer business targets and application requirements. Develop and maintain sales pipeline for sustainable growth
- Collaboration and coordination with engineering, operations, and execution functions to ensure successful commissioning of responsible projects as customer references. Establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with third party partners and suppliers
- Leadership in sales pursuits focused on value proposition development and demonstration of solutions focused on customer requirements. Coordination of pursuit team in complex sales engagements and significant projects from inception through negotiation. Manage proposal development, review project execution plan, and evaluate financial elements of proposed solutions for successful award
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships to respond effectively to customer requirements and business drivers. Lead communication among customers and various divisions to ensure accurate, consistent, and relevant information. Recognize, adapt, and respond to changes in customer requirements and industry business drivers.
- Influence customer decisions, drive specifications and demonstrate competitive advantages necessary to grow market share
- Bachelors' degree, preferably in Engineering, and minimum 8 years' experience in Automation, Power & Water Segments.
- Open to travel about 40%
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
- Preferred Qualification: Experience with DCS - Distributed Controls Systems, Power Management Systems (PMS), and Integrated Safety Systems. Branded technologies include 800xA, Symphony.
- Excellent communication skills
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.