Employee is responsible for preventive maintenance and repair of processing and packaging equipment in the facility. In addition to these skills, this individual will be responsible for safe and compliant operation of refrigeration, ammonia, HVAC and engine processes.Core Responsibilities
- High School diploma or GED and 3-5 years’ experience in the maintenance filed; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with or without supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively utilize measuring equipment
- Knowledge of electrical and plumbing a plus
- Prior experience reading schematics and hydraulic drawings, preferred
- May be required to work long hours and weekends
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment & Physical Demands
Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Work Environment & Physical Demands
The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions, extreme cold and heat, working near appropriately guarded moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles and chemicals.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production areaEEO/AA Information
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits