Power System Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
The role reports to Service Team Leader and is located in Cary, North Carolina. As a Power System Engineer, you will be responsible to deliver electrical system analysis services. As a PSE you are responsible for working with project managers to ensure that the work executes and satisfies project specifications.
- The PSE (Power System Engineer) is responsible for providing quotes based on the project onelines and specifications for the following: data collection, short circuit, equipment evaluation, coordination, arc flash, load flow, harmonic, and power quality analysis.
- PSE is responsible to complete their task within the project timeline and budget.
- Responsible for writing and presenting engineering recommendations to improve power system reliability, safety, and preventative maintenance measures.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering with a major in Electrical, Electrical and Computer engineering from an accredited institution with 2-5 years of experience.
- Ability to read, correctly interpret, and apply electrical one-lines, schematics, and instruction manuals.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Proficient software experience should include Easy Power, SKM Powertools, ETAP, Aspen, and EMTP.
- Willingness to work in a multi-task environment and work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to perform field duties as required
- Provide engineering assistance and recommendations to the field offices on system protection and power system related issues to ensure proper system operation.
- This position may be based anywhere in the continental US.
- This position is approved to work remote.
- Travel up to 25% domestic travel
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.