Power Transformer Technician A
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Operations Manager and is located in Denver, Colorado.
- Performs complicated operations involving dismantling, rewinding, repairing, reassembling, testing and core iron repairing, etc., on small and medium power transformers with and without load tap changer.
- Traveling to perform onsite repairs such as internal inspection, load tap changer, hot oil dries out and oil fill at customer sites.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of operations such as inspection, testing, repair, investigation, and reporting on various types of transformers including both liquid filled and dry type transformers. Must be able to demonstrate competency and/or the ability to learn how to perform failure investigations.
- Must prepare coil data by dismantling and stripping down in proper sequence, preparing sketches and/ or drawings, connection diagrams, and make notes to identify part location, type of insulation, cable size, terminals, etc.
- Is familiar with and exercises good brazing and connection procedures including but not limited to end-to-end brazing, lap brazing, bundle brazing, crimping and applying insulation.
- Utilizes test equipment and instruments required to perform preliminary, intermediate and final test.
- Performs related job duties as assigned and may direct or train others.
- High School or GED Diploma and minimum of three (3) years of Transformer repair and winding transformer coils experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Able to read and interpret drawings/diagrams and specifications - (electrical, mechanical, and connection).
- Accomplished skills and experience in the transformer business.
- Associate’s or higher degree preferred
- Willingly accepts job challenges.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Have experience with Health and Safety programs.
- Must be good with people and able to communicate with customer and supplier personnel.
- Self-starter - able to work with minimal direction or supervision.
- At times, this position will require working overtime, evening/off shifts, weekends, & possibly some holidays.
- This position may require travel (including overnight stays).
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.