Pre-Analytical III Asst - Irving, TX - Tuesday-Saturday 11:00am-7:30pm
The Pre-Analytical Assistant III in the Tech Ops Department is responsible for knowing all of the functions of the Pre-Analytical Assistant II, plus additional functions.
1. Responsible for all duties of the Pre-Analytical Assistant III; meets or exceeds productivity and quality standards for Pre-Analytical Assistant I and II tasks [when required]; able to recognize and solve more complex problems on a routine basis.
2. Demonstrates a basic understanding of how Specimen Processing and Tech Ops impact testing departments and result quality.
3. Demonstrates proficiency and understanding of all job duties and SOP’s related to the Tech Ops department.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and an understanding of what resources are available and is able to fill in for any function within the Tech Ops department as necessary.
5. Identifies problems with specimen types vs test orders, missing information, improperly positioned bar code labels, with regard to all work processes within Tech Ops.
6. With experience and training, is able to perform basic trouble shooting and resolve problems with automated equipment operation.
7. Demonstrates an understanding of compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services.
8. Understands complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen(s) received.
9. Completes all required written documentation such that it is understandable to others, legible and within the assigned time frame.
10. Meets quality and productivity standards within 3 months of completing training
11. Validates and verifies test orders as needed.
12. Trains employees in Tech Ops job functions and may provide on-going training.
13. Performs result entry as required for TIQ/TNP resolution.
14. Adheres to all Quest Diagnostics policies and procedures, including Safety and Compliance.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
2. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff both verbally and written.
3. Maintains composure while working under pressure.
4. Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take in resolving problems.
5. Adheres to Quest Diagnostics’ Core Values, safety, compliance and work process policies and procedures.
6. Works in a biohazard environment, in compliance with all applicable safety requirements.
7. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive working environment.
8. Demonstrates work assignment flexibility and is able to adapt to changes in work assignments.
9. Demonstrates strong leadership within the Tech Ops department.
10. Keeps work area neat and clean; complies with 5S workplace standards.
11. Able to sit, stand or walk for long periods; able to lift up to 50 lbs.; maneuver large carts and/or racks with specimens.
12. Must have some flexibility with regard to work schedule.
13. Minimal data entry skills
14. Good organizational skills
15. Understanding of specimen types related to test(s)
16. Clinical department requirements with regard to specimen types and quantity needed for each test, specimen handling and delivery
17. Understanding of compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis
18. Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to change and pursuit of continuous improvement
19. Commitment to fulfilling internal and external customer requirements in the course of carrying our routine position responsibilities
20. Willingness to actively contribute to a team based working environment
21. Ability and willingness to support the goals of the department with regard to staffing needs on weekends, holidays, on call and overtime
22. Tasks and responsibilities must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner
23. Performance task proficiency includes but is not limited to the following manual functions:
- pickup and delivery of to the laboratory
- specimen storage [this position might also be trained to run the sorters in archive mode]
24. Load Building for all departments
25. Add Test processing
26. Work flow management into and within Tech Ops and delivery to Technical departments
27. Specific functions will require additional data entry skills and good written/verbal communication skills
The Pre-Analytical Assistant III is involved in more complex tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Pending Review and Problem Resolution.
- Automated sortation and aliquoting instrument operation.
The Pre-Analytical Assistant III has mastered all duties of the Pre-Analytical Assistant II, and is able to efficiently and effectively work in a self-directed fashion. The person in this position typically has additional responsibilities such as:
-Possible customer communications
-Problem solving related to special accounts and compliance related issues
-Pending review and resolution
-Operation of automated equipment
-Within 1 year of hire, proficient in processing electronic orders.
1. High School or equivalent
2. Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]