Prep Lab Asst- Lenexa, Kansas - MONDAY - FRIDAY, 2PM - 10:30PM.
***This is a four month Temporary position with the possibility of becoming a regular position***
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
1. Picks up samples from accessioning and sorts samples into appropriate racks.
2. Answers phone and directs calls appropriately
3. Unpacks and stores reagents and supplies
4. Inventories and orders warehouse supply items
5. Sorts samples and distributes them to the appropriate setup hood. Manages specimen library within established time frames.
6. Decontaminates work areas as designated.
7. Performs waived tests under supervision 8. Seeks specimens as needed
9. Maintains work area in clean and organized condition.
10. Follows all PPE requirements.
11. Maintains designated laboratory equipment.
12. Performs QA/QC duties as assigned (eyewash checks, temperature readings etc...)
13. Loads urines onto Atlas for urinalysis.
14. Resolves unverified pending list for occult bloods and urinalysis.
15. Inoculates appropriate microbiology media based on site given.
16. Prepares samples for processing i.e. tissue grinders, centrifuging.
17. Credits unacceptable / duplicate test requests, knows what sites and specimens are acceptable for testing.
18. Places anaerobic culture plates in appropriate bags.
19. Loads blood bottles into Bactec machine.
20. Prints and separates worksheets.
21. Puts culture plates in incubators.
22. Prepares concentrates and trichrome slides for ova and parasites.
23. Prepares samples for DNA probes.
24. Prepares malaria smears.
25. Prepares tubes for Giardia antigens and cryptosporidium EIA.
26. Performs and finalizes occult blood results.
27. Uses various laboratory computer systems for labeling, inquiry, crediting, and resulting as needed. 28. Disposes of biohazardous and chemical waste.
29. Completes PAL forms appropriately.
30. Provides input regarding procedures, training manual, and checklists.
31. Assists with department quality and process improvement projects.
32. Sets up media and supplies for assigned work area.
33. Completes training checklists and competency testing appropriately.
34. Discards specimens weekly.
35. All other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent
-Works occasional overtime, on-call, weekends and holidays as needed.
-Must be accurate worker, detail-oriented
-Must be flexible with respect to department scheduling needs.
-Must be flexible to work in other departments as needed.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. ]