The President of Distribution and Network Relations will be responsible for managing the vital relationships between Sinclair and its major program suppliers, the six broadcast networks, and its content distributors, including traditional multi-channel video programming distributors and the newer virtual MVPDs.
- Responsible for developing the strategy and implementing that strategy for the distribution of all Sinclair content, including our broadcast stations, the regional sports networks, Tennis Channel and our emerging networks, such as Comet, Charge! and Stadium.
- Primary relationship (sales) contact with all major distributors.
- Negotiate retransmission consent agreement and distribution of other properties with all major distributors.
- Oversee negotiation process of all other distributor relationships.
- Develop and oversee exploitation of new distribution opportunities for Sinclair programming with companies in digital and smart TV sectors
- Primary relationship contact with all of the primary 6 networks with which our stations are affiliated.
- Negotiate all affiliation renewals.
- Serve as an industry leader through the affiliate Boards of Governors, including membership currently on the ABC Board (and past memberships on CBS and FOX Boards).
- Train, monitor activities and performance of distribution staff, including field teams in Texas and Georgia.