Pricing Analyst- Pricing Operations Chantilly, Virginia - M-F
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The general purpose of this position is to assist Sales with the development of a pricing strategy and execute the bid development process for hospital clients. The individual is responsible for understanding customer needs, identifying the initial Sales pricing strategy, analyzing current market trends and development of proposed pricing. In addition other operational tasks will be required including: test mapping, review of pricing guidelines, completion of P&L and determining client profitability.
- Support Hospital Business with pricing and profitability analyses with an emphasis on retaining profitable customers and winning new prospects
- Work directly with Sales to understand the customer needs to develop a client specific pricing strategy, effectively discuss the strategy with sales to gain support
- Analyze customer segmentation data using pricing tools to develop test specific pricing proposals. Ensure proposed pricing meets established corporate guidelines
- Develop P&L for new proposal showing impact to current business and upsell potential for review and approval of management
- Develop and provide sales-related information to the Account Analysts at the Business Units, indirectly supporting their pricing and profitability efforts
- Perform test code mapping of client utilization to Quest test codes, Affiliate lab test codes and competitors. Perform quality checks on mapping of high volume test
- Execute accepted pricing proposal by completing support activities by coordinating changes with the billing department
- Support the Regional Finance Director or Pricing Director with ad-hoc pricing analysis and administrative activities relating to the Hospital Business
- Support the Hospital Business with pricing analysis regarding Group Purchasing Organizations, Managed Care Accounts, and other National Accounts as needed
- Provide analytical support for special projects or other assignments as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Marketing
- 2 years of experience in financial analysis, revenue or profitability analysis
- Proficient in Excel, problem solving skills, analytical ability, planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities for multiple customers while exhibiting flexibility and teamwork
- Exceptional communication skills to convey the quantitative results of at all levels
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work additional hours to meet customer expectations as needed