We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced technical leader to work in a growing tech organization—Sinclair Digital. We create world-class media solutions that serve our audience with relevant and compelling news, entertainment, and sports content. Our products power 170 news sites, the Tennis Channel, Comet TV, 70 News Apps, and more, all with purpose—to serve our communities with thought-provoking content.
We are looking for a Principal Video Engineer. You will spend your time as a hands-on engineer and a technical leader. You will play a key role in building software products and features. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will be involved in architecture/design of new features and functionality, as well as the development and implementation. You will also work cross functionally across the organization.
- Use your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects that interact with multiple teams
- Mentor other engineers to help them grow both technically and professionally
- Define architectures and designs that enable working through others
- Ensure consistency of your team's code and those teams you integrate with
- Help your us grow into green field technical domain areas
- Ideate and innovate on complex software solutions
- Design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working through other engineers to help deliver the end solution
- Describe highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a way they can understand
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
- Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
- Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
- Experience as a seasoned Architect in ad supported video distribution and multi-system app deployment
- Deep cloud experience (AWS, Google, Azure, etc.)
- Live video delivery experience
- Digital Media and streaming video technology (HLS, DASH, Baseband Ingest)
- Knowledge of multiple platform development and delivery
- Real-time, large-scale network content distribution experience
- Expert knowledge of physical hardware used for video encoding and delivery
- Expert knowledge of video encoding systems design
- Video engineering skills range from the implementation of video servers and post-production editing software/hardware
- Expert knowledge of content delivery and scaling strategies
- Experience architecting complex tools and products
- Experience building and running highly scalable applications
- Effective leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of Continuous Delivery and Agile development
- BS / MS degree in Computer Science or related field
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.