What Packaging Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Packaging Engineering is responsible for designing, developing and testing a wide variety of equipment and packaging used for protection, display and handling of products. Determines packaging specifications, cost limitations, legal requirements and related documentation. Directs external resources / contractors as required.
- Developing protocols, researching materials and equipment, and working on validation documentation.
- Hands on working with partners in manufacturing and R&D sites to execute plans in person.
- Responsible for everything from design and documentations of packaging processes through actual equipment and materials validations.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable internal and external Quality Standards (ISO 11607)
- Bachelors degree in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- A minimum of 4+ years related work experience required
- Experience working on medical device packaging highly preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 11607 compliance and quality standards
- Ability to train and coach others from technical expertise
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.