This is a hands-on individual with strong analytical skills with a passion for new technology. This position will work closely with the team to provide architecture, design, coding, debugging, integration, and documentation support to our key next generation broadcast initiatives at ONE Media (OM).
- Support architecture, designing, coding, and debugging
- Provide expert level support to our systems integration and testing activities
- Leadership in documentation processes
- Support ONE Media Lab’s standards activities by creating technical contributions and engineering changes to standards organizations
- Participate in the development and execution of OM Lab compliance and acceptance testing for internal validation
- Support Next Gen TV and Next Gen mobile services development and rollout
- Participate and support ONE Media’s technology demonstrations and related initiatives
- Develop and maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- Experience working on an Agile/SAFe team
- Proficient in cloud computing and software defined networks
- Excellent organizational, leadership skills and able to work as a team
- Proficient with Linux and Android platform
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a team player
- AWS Associate certification or similar
- IP Video distribution technologies (e.g, SRT, Zixi, RIST, UDP, and Multicast)
- Working knowledge of LTE and 5G technologies
- Experience with video encoding and streaming technologies(e.g., MPEG Dash, MMT, HLS, and RTSP)
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.