Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employ over 23,500 people and have global sales exceeding US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
The Printer Operator is responsible for the setup, adjustment and maintenance of coater decorator and related equipment.
- Understands and complies with position related safety SOPs and work instructions, especially for Lockout/Tagout, Chemical Handling, Machine Guarding, Housekeeping, SQF, and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Check machines. Analyze types of mechanical or operational troubles and plan for and take corrective action to maintain quality.
- Make changeovers or conversions by setting up assigned equipment for change in material, size or product.
- Check, test, and measure product for quality specifications. Examine for visual defects.
- Replace worn or damaged parts.
- Retime machine action.
- Operate, repair, clean, lubricate equipment, as required, to maintain production.
- Clear jams.
- Check varnishes, coatings, inks, lubricants, supplies, and add or change materials. Request or obtain additional quantities of supplies.
- Examine, test, and measure product from assigned equipment for quality specifications using appropriate gauges and instruments and record data.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance inspection of assigned equipment, report findings and take appropriate action.
- Notify supervisor of any incidences of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of any poor-quality material or supplies noted.
- Operate equipment and assist as directed.
- Familiar with Personal Protective Equipment
- Mechanically inclined, familiar with hand tools
- Familiar with proper handling of chemicals/solvents.
- Previous printing experience preferred.
- Basic dry/offset printing skills/knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot litho/printing press issues
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility
KEY JOB COMPETENCIES/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Able to bend and rotate body repeatedly
- Exposure to heat, cold, vibrations, odors/fumes and loud noise
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds, push/pull 500 pounds drums with hand truck
- Ability to work multiple machines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to climb stairs frequently.
- Able to visually differentiate colors
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and night shifts
Pay starts at $23.76/hour!
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.