Do you have a proven track record in managing, leading, and directing a sales team? Do you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience building relationships and selling to golf courses, lawn care companies, nurseries, and greenhouses? Do you have a passion for driving change, business development, and customer relations? Can you build a highly functioning team that drives results while demonstrating exceptional leadership qualities? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The District Sales Manager is responsible for managing, leading, and directing the Sales Team. Including but not limited to retail strategy development and implementation, personnel development, operational oversight, and financial results. Develop and implement programs to establish Wilbur-Ellis as a leading, value-added provider of agronomic products and services to growers. Provide strong leadership in recruiting, motivating, and retaining key employees.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Deep working knowledge of local professional markets and market practices
- Provides clear direction and can motivate individuals and teams
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient working with MS Office Suite
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Ability to develop teams and demonstrate leadership qualities
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams and stakeholders without formal authority
- Commitment to performance development with direct reports
- Skilled at managing multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills and project planning
- Excellent communication skills
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Communicate WECO strategy and associated goals to salespeople/managers in a positive way
- Offer business and agronomic support to the sales team with particular emphasis on less experienced salespeople
- Assist in hiring and alignment of salespeople within geographies and customers
- Act as a mentor in the overall career development of new sales personnel
- As part of an overall performance management plan, conduct annual performance reviews and assist and advise with sales team performance reviews
- Suggest and coordinate effective sales team training in skill development and growth
- Establish and maintain a direct relationship with key suppliers
- Identify potential new customers, devise a sales plan and execute
- Assist Customer Financial Services Manager and sales with credit issues
- Provide pricing and margin guidance for the region
- Provide guidance to sales on complaint handling and overall risk management
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, analysis and communication of the financial performance objectives for the area
- Drive customer segmentation process with follow-up guidance i.e. pricing, time spent, etc.
- Work with Operations Management and SME’s including; fertilizer, value-added nutrition, technology, branded products, seed, and Plant Protection Products (P3) purchasing to maximize sales opportunities
- Assist field sales with a customer sales plan for each potential product segment: PPP, seed, nutrition, technology, and services
- Regularly communicate the customer management plan including initiatives, objectives, and strategies with regional management, sales, and operations
- Provide leadership of the product use forecasting process for the area
- Communicate with Director of Sales and purchasing team on product selection, pricing, and overall strategy
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience and Education:
- Minimum of five years of experience in the agriculture business with a demonstrated track record in sales and marketing or location management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agriculture or Business related field is preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.Ag
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)