- Responsibilities include development of manufacturing processes for New Product Introduction (NPI) programs as well as production related quality, process, and cycle time improvements; working in conjunction with the Manufacturing Engineers, Tool Designers, C.N.C. Programmers, and Production Workers.
- Analyze customer engineering drawings and documentation for materials, process and quality elements.
- Development of the associated bill of material and routing sequence in the ERP system.
- Create part geometry and detailed operation sheets to support each operation; create, update and maintain operation sequence sheets for either new orders, or in support process revisions.
- Process sheet updates and incorporation of customer requested changes as required.
- Assist in the concept design of required tools and gages, as well as supporting modifications to existing tools and fixtures as improvements are identified.
- Create repair procedures for non-conforming product and customer returns.
- Engineering change review including: identification of cost reductions or increases; identification of tooling modifications required; determination of suitability of existing components – usable or obsolete to requirements and specifications, and updating the ERP system.
- Provide support in estimating new products and requested changes to configuration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years direct experience in process or manufacturing engineering of Aerospace machining components.
- Ability to generate operation sheets and tool drawings utilizing a 3D CAD system with advanced modeling experience, NX (Unigraphics) required.
- Working knowledge of EDM, multi-axis machining centers, lathes and grinding machine capabilities.
- Familiarity with various processes like Brazing, Welding, Heat Treatment, plating, and plasma coating.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work in a cross functional environment.
- Seeks ideas for continuous improvement; suggests and encourages innovative ideas to improve current systems and processes.
- BS Degree in related Engineering discipline.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)