Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, 19 Urgent Cares, Tower Health At Home, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
Help lead and project manage key priority projects using Six Sigma and Lean principles: Use spreadsheets, visualization and statistical software (i.e. Excel, iGrafx, minitab, visio, etc.), guide teams’ focus to areas with the greatest need for improvement. Partnership with clinical and non-clinical staff, uses expert knowledge of performance improvement techniques and methodologies to coach teams. Oversee daily operations and project management of assigned teams. Establish KPIs, targets, and dashboards for monitoring. Present where needed. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Assist in Coordination of Quality Analytics and Improvement training for organization (Yellow Belt, Green Belt, Black Belt, Lean, etc.) class application, attendee list, trainer logistics, conference room, etc.
(2) Assist in administrator of the training tracking system for Quality Improvement classes and team SharePoint portal.
(3) Manage centralized project status list of key projects.
(4) Develop and deploy standardized project management, Quality and process improvement.
(5) Mentor, coach, and train employees on performance improvement and project management methodology.
(6) Maintain repository of completed projects to promote best-practice sharing.
(7) Support and coordinate organizational-wide performance excellence priorities. Perform other duties as assigned.
4 Year/Bachelor's Degree
Excellent Communications Skills
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Excellent Teamwork Skills
Problem Solving Skills