With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
CSL Behring is a global biotherapeutics leader driven by its promise to save lives. Focused on serving patients’ needs by using the latest technologies, we develop and deliver innovative therapies that are used to treat people with life-threatening medical conditions and to help them live full lives. The parent company, CSL Limited, is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
In May 2014, CSL selected Lengnau in the Canton of Bern in Switzerland as the location of a new manufacturing facility to support the commercial production of our promising novel therapies. In May 2020, CSL announced the strategic partnership with Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science. Thermo Fisher will lease and operate the Lengnau state-of-the-art biotech manufacturing facility once construction is completed in 2021. Today, more than 200 employees work in Lengnau.
We are looking for talented and dedicated personalities that share our passion to develop and deliver innovative therapies. With your commitment, reliability and high-quality standards you help us to improve the quality of life for those in need.
Our five Core Values are Patient Focus, Innovation, Integrity, Collaboration and Superior Performance. They are fundamental to our culture and guide us in our daily work. They provide the basis for a stimulating environment that fosters competence, quality and team spirit. We offer a fair and attractive work environment that is built on mutual respect and trust. We collaborate in a global and dynamic environment.
We believe that our people can enjoy Promising FUTURES where they fulfil their individual career aspirations. We support our employees in their development and further education, and offer attractive fringe benefits in Leisure & Fitness, Health & Safety, public transport and Culture.
We are currently recruiting for a
Process Specialist, Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT), 80-100% (f/m/d)
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
During the Project Phase (until mid of 2021):
- Support/contribute to/guide the definition of processes for manufacturing of recombinant proteins (USP/DSP/Media&Buffer) under the lead of the operational teams
- Both independently and collaboratively, support/contribute/guide drug substance manufacturing process start-up activities
- Support/contribute to/guide the establishment of fully automated processes, together with stakeholders of the operation, engineering and automation teams
- Function effectively as a core team member
During commercial phase:
- Support/contribute to/lead problem solving using analytical thinking gained through formal education and/or previous roles
- Drive continuous improvement projects for lean and cGMP-compliant manufacturing
- Support/contribute to/lead evaluation of deviations, defines appropriate corrective/preventive actions and initiates/drives change control requests
- Understand and interpret experimental data and results to support decisions and definition / knowledge of purification processes.
- Understand and apply bioprocess scale-up and scale-down strategies.
- Represent the operations team for technical and scientific matters in cross-functional teams, interfacing with Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Engineering, Validation, R&D and other relevant areas
- Support the operations team in daily routine manufacturing (only applies for Juniors)
- Function effectively as a core team member
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor / Master / PhD degree in biochemistry, pharmaceutical, technical or life-science
- Experience in the area of recombinant protein production and purification processes a plus
- Knowledge of bioprocess unit operations and engineering scaling principles preferred
- Experience in a cGMP-regulated production environment (pharmaceutical or biotech industry) is an asset
- Experience in a large scale, fully automated manufacturing environment preferred
- Learns new processes quickly and engages in assignments to drive for action
- Strong team player for collaboration in, and coordination of, task-dedicated, multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong communication skills, technical writing ability, and good attention to detail
- Good German and English proficiency (written and spoken)
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
CSL Behring is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all.