Apply here to attend the Specimen Processing Hiring Event in Lenexa, KS!
Monday, October 11th: 4.00 pm - 7.00 pm Central Time!
This hiring event is for NIGHT shifts in the Specimen Processing department.
10101 Renner Blvd, Lenexa, KS 66219 USA
$3,000 Sign on bonus: $1,500 after 3 months / $1,500 after 9 months!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the SPT I, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Specimen Processing fit together
- Identifies problems and in some cases, may resolve issues with specimen types such as missing information etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months
- Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen received
- Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe
- Meets or exceeds all performance expectations to include attendance, adherence to work schedule and demonstrates Quest values and behaviors through work performance and peer and team interaction
- Is open to learning additional functions within Specimen Processing to allow timely progression to the next level
- Performs other duties as assigned
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory
- Previous experience in a production environment preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Position requires data background with abilities to enter 6,000 alphanumeric keystrokes/hour
- Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits
- Able to sit or stand for long periods
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff
- Maintains composure while working under pressure
- Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take when resolving problems
- Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures
- Keeps work area neat and clean
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to change