This position is temp to hire.
Hours Monday- Friday 8-5 pm
Pay rate $20.24
Please send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, manage, and lead logistics related to a food bank warehouse operation.
- Manage a portfolio of commercial vehicles including maintenance, deliveries, and pick-up scheduling.
- Coordinate Mobile Pantry vehicle and program.
- Scheduling of all incoming shipments and donation pick-ups.
- Coordinate truck and/or trailer rentals as needed.
- Comply with and communicate all DOT and OSHA laws pertaining to transportation.
- Ensure all fleet vehicles are kept safe and properly maintained.
- Communicate changes, updates, and status of fleet especially as it pertains to operational impact with warehouse manager.
- Act as liaison between the food bank, product donors, and the food industry.
- Administer food acquisition initiatives to ensure continued growth and increases in dominated food resources.
- Conduct donor cultivation and outreach to potential food donors.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with vendor, store, and distribution center personnel.
- Strengthen donor/vendor relationships with existing new food donors to promote long-term donor retention.
- Create and process purchase orders for goods and services including procurement of bids and quotes.
- Conduct Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Quote (RFQ) activities.
- Identify vendors and distributors to optimize the acquisition of purchased product.
- Optimize current sourcing program while planning strategically to grow and strengthen the program to best serve the region.
- Conduct regular vendor evaluations to ensure good stewardship of food bank funds.
- Ensure consistency, quality, and variety of product and most economical use of food bank funds.
- Select, bid on, and/or purchase product under grant projects including CalFood and Tax Check-Off funds while ensuring food is procured in compliance with funding source requirements.
- Oversee response to unplanned donations and work in conjunction with the Operations staff and member agencies to respond to donation offerings in a prompt, effective and efficient manner.
- Monitor food donor recognition to demonstrate Food Bank and recipient appreciation.
- General logistics and procurement principles
- Effective customer service techniques
- Effective communication, public relations techniques, and networking practices
- Standard office procedures and standard office equipment operation
- Business English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary and punctuation
- Challenges and needs of poor, disadvantaged, disabled, homeless and elderly persons and families
- Past success in in-kind donor cultivation.
- Experience and proficiency in managing scheduling, logistics, and/or distribution operations.
- Able to prioritize work, delegate, and meet deadlines
- Represent the food bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions
- Plan, develop, and direct multiple projects.
- Understand and follow oral and written direction.
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Work independently and with initiative to complete specified objectives.
- Perform mathematical computations of average difficulty.
- Effectively communicate and interact with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Communicate and interact with persons from varied social, economic, and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiently operate standard office equipment, including computer hardware and software applications associated with performance of assigned work (i.e., MS Office, MS Outlook, Adobe Reader, Internet Explorer, and CRM data systems).
- Work overtime, occasional weekends, and/or evenings as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree required in business, sociology, social science, social work, education, or a related field; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years procurement, logistics, sales, and/or nonprofit development experience.
- Experience soliciting in-kind donations.
- Customer service oriented.
- Understanding of delivery and receiving logistics
- Proficiency in Windows based computer software; excellent skills required in Excel, Word and Outlook; Salesforce experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, highly organized, and strong attention to detail.
- Experience in the food industry a plus.
- Proven success in sales and cold calling
- Understanding of budget management
- Effective business acumen.
- Ability to develop strategic relationships with stakeholders.
- Must be self-directed and possess the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while maintaining high levels of performance.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Position requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, twisting, and bending. Simple grasping and hand manipulation, as well as, reaching above and below shoulder level. Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires working indoors in temperature-controlled environment with some exposure to copies and printer chemicals and/or fumes. May be required to perform physical work, including working in outdoor environments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.