WJLA has an immediate opening for a show Producer for the Government Matters Thought Leadership Network (GMTLN), the custom arm of Government Matters Media. The candidate will be responsible for booking guests and producing sponsored programs to include 30-minute TV shows and webinars. You will work closely with the Managing Director of Government Matters and the show’s Host. In this position, you will also work with clients who sponsor the programs, research and develop the content and flow of the programs, and line-produce them on day of recording.
A deep knowledge of how government management works and the ability to research government management strategies and approaches are required. Familiarity with working with government media operations a plus.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work with public affairs officers both in government and the private sector, as well as marketing professionals to schedule interviewees & develop content
- Communicate the vision of each program to the host, director, and production crew
- Write and edit webinars and custom TV programs
- Greet and handle high-profile interviewees and other guests
- Interface with vendors and clients
- Provide project updates to the Managing Director and marketing consultants
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Solid grasp of current news and issues impacting the federal marketplace
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Be able to work collegially with fellow team members
- Be able to multi-task and manage time to develop exciting and informative programs
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to execute strategies and goals in a broadcast format
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem-solving abilities are a must
- Proficient with nonlinear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems (i.e. iNews)
- Prior show producing experience preferred, but not required
- A journalism or communications degree is preferred, but not required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.