Supports 3300 Sow Farrow to Finish Genetic Nucleus Complex for efficient production of breeding stock.
Direct responsibility for labor and supervisory personnel at their farm site
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures adherence to all Smithfield and SPG policies including Biosecurity, Production, EMS, IPS, and Animal Care
- Organize and submit weekly projections of sales including wean pig, feeder pig, cull sows, and finishing cull and market animals
- Identifies areas of opportunity for improving production, develops strategies to improve, provides necessary resources to farm personnel. This includes working on site with farm staff to ensure proper care of animals
- Plans, directs, and coordinates production activities to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
- Ensures employee development and training certification in adherence to SPG policies
- Complete regular on site visit reports including BMS, production, and IPS
- Individual will be required to professionally represent SPG with external customers including transportation, markets, and breeding stock customers.
- Individual will need to interact with local and remote team regarding implementation of genetic data collection
- Evaluates direct reports to determine best method to motivate them to succeed and develop them for further progression within SPG and Smithfield
- Other duties that may be assigned by supervisor