Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, if you’ve got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You’ll Do
As the Product Analyst you will utilize analysis tools and processes to support the product management group as it relates to rate/rule/form revisions, Department of Insurance filings, and post production implementation to achieve profitable growth in all states. You will be responsible for recommending and implementing continued process improvement for efficiency and accuracy around all aspects of the product life cycle.
- Create and maintain complex spreadsheets and analyses containing product performance information by using Excel, VBA, SAS, SQL or Python. Perform analysis of product variables and produce various reports as determined by the department.
- Organize filings, programming and delivery of rate and rule changes to the market. Develop statistical and other materials/exhibits required in rate and rule revisions/filings.
- Work with product management and pricing to ensure that rates filed are reasonable and adequate and that rates and rules are in compliance with the state specific requirements of the Department of Insurance.
- Use knowledge of key metrics and software applications to provide meaningful analysis/insight to product managers on rate revisions.
- Implement rates, rules and table relativities for new product launches as well as, individual state rate/factor changes throughout the year. Coordinate changes with internal/external business partners.
- Contribute to process improvement. Recommend and implement continued process improvement. Utilize software tools to gain measurable efficiencies around the revision process.
- Assist in coordinating all rate/rule/form related projects with the appropriate business partners. Assist in tracking the status of the project and communicating to the appropriate personnel within the company.
- Ensure accuracy of rate/rule/form filings completed within the department. Audit product changes for compliance and satisfactory implementation of projects to insure accuracy. Ensure MAR compliance.
The Team You’ll Join
We are a team of collaborative, agile, and passionate product experts. We value and strive to achieve a consistent work-life balance. We are innovative; we launch new products and ideas frequently. Our optimal speed to market and customer oriented approach significantly drive our ability to help our team and the business reach corporate goals.