Location : Gwinner
Responsible for complete supervision and operation of a specific department(s) or area, under the direction of a Business Unit Manager. Direct activities of all personnel within assigned area.
- Approve overtime on an as needed basis.
- Direct and train manpower to meet production schedules, while attaining an efficient hour/standard/hour and maintaining and improving overall quality of the product.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of company policies and regulations in order to administer discipline of employees within assigned department, in accordance with progressive discipline procedures.
- Key Performance Indicator(s): Meet production schedules. Product quality.
- Arrange for maintenance of machines, equipment and facilities in assigned department.
- May estimate, requisition, and inspect materials coming into the department.
- Responsible for keeping department costs within budgetary limits, i.e. scrap, overtime, rework and consumable items.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping, performing weekly safety audits and monthly safety meetings, to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- KPIs: Budget management. Maintenance/safety scheduling.
- Interpret the collective bargaining agreement and attempt to resolve employee issues and/or grievances.
- KPIs: Resolution of grievances/issues.
Continuous Improvement Efforts
- Within area of supervision, make recommendations for continuous improvement, utilizing the QCI program to reduce costs of our product, while meeting and exceeding customer expectations in quality.
- Maintain a collaborative working environment with all other PCL’s and departments.
- KPIs: Cost reductions. Customer satisfaction.
- Associates Degree, Technical, preferred.
- 2>5 years experience.
- Less than 10% travel.
- Leadership capability.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Must be Flexible to work any shift.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.