Director, Product Management – Consumer Initiated Testing
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
About Consumer Initiated Testing
• Consumer initiated testing (QuestDirect) allows patients to purchase their own laboratory tests without going to a doctor
• This is a rapidly evolving and growing aspect of the Quest franchise portfolio
• QuestDirect provides consumers access to a diverse menu of forty-nine tests and we are continually optimizing our offerings. Currently available options range from a Basic Health Profile to COVID-19 Active Infection testing
• With QuestDirect, patients can select, purchase, and pay for tests online; manage their testing appointment online; get easy-to-understand results through their secure MyQuest™ account; discuss any questions with a medical professional and even receive a prescription for certain conditions
The Product Director leads new solution development and life cycle management for consumer initiated testing through a cross-functional team. S/He advocates and prioritizes business cases to the Executive Director and wins support to execute strategies through Marketing, the value-delivery organization, and IT.
• Works with the Executive Director to establish the vision and profitable growth strategy for the consumer initiated testing business
• Leads cross functional teams to identify, develop and implement product/solutions addressing unmet customer needs that will drive profitable growth Develops sub-segment annual Operating Plan (AOP) in concert with Value Delivery partners and Executive Director
• Works with Value Delivery partners to achieve agreed revenue, volume and margin targets in AOP
• Partners with Marketing on product/solution marketing strategy and mix
• Creates a life-cycle roadmap and identifies new products and product features and acts as the product owner for the user experience
• Creates business driven epics, defining and prioritizing features and user stories, and relevant acceptance criteria; Works with the Agile pods and teams to ensure on-time delivery
• Assesses new products/solutions to enable prioritization within R&D, IT, Operations and other partners; Develops and presents business cases for new opportunities
• Collects product feedback and manages regular product/service KPI reporting (including order volume, revenue, etc.); Familiarity with A/B testing and google analytics
• Collaborates with market research to generate insights on customer needs and desired solutions
• Ensures the voice of customer/ market research is brought into the in-line and product/solution creation process
• Understands the competitive landscape to ensure we have winning solutions in development and in the marketplace
• Understands continuum of care requirements and gaps
- Additional consumer related assignments and projects as they emerge.
Achieve revenue, volume and margin targets in sub-segment AOP
• Development of 3-year sub-segment Strategic Plan
• Development of sub-segment AOP
• Manage discretionary spend
• On-time delivery of product in roadmap
• Requires Bachelor’s degree. Degree in business, marketing and/or product management. Advanced degree/ MBA preferred
• 7+ years relevant experience in healthcare (consumer, pharmaceuticals and/or diagnostics) preferable with at least 3 years in marketing & product management
• Consumer and/or digital/ ecommerce experience a plus
• Experience with Agile
• Previous P&L management experience preferred
• Executive presence, composure, KOL relationships
• Leading change, change management, flexibility
• Negotiations skills
• Solid business acumen
• Strategic thinking and analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to manage ambiguity
• Ability to work in matrix organization
• Ability to influence others
• Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholder preferences
• People management preferred
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.