Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working as a Product Engineer , you will be the authority person for providing various engineering support in Electrification Smart Power in US.
Reporting to the R&D Team Manager, you will be responsible for providing engineering support in the areas of NPI build, designing, testing, documentation, technical coordination, quality improvements, sustaining, and cost reduction. Assignments can be broad in variety and scope.
- Critical member of the new product introduction team, responsible for supporting product launch initiatives and maintaining designs throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Responsible for planning and executing NPI prototype builds and supporting/traveling for external certification programs as needed
- Support pilot unit programs and production line launch activities
- Designs procedures and manufacturing documents for new electrical systems
- Manage engineering changes
- Resolves component obsolescence issues working with SCM
- Leads product design improvement opportunities to reduce product cost
- Works strategically and collaboratively to ensure all power protection products conform to customer expectations
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited university with minimum 2+ years of related engineering work experience
- 1+ year experience with NPI build and program launches preferred
- 1+ years’ experience with Product Life Management (PLM) software system preferred
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and detailed electrical schematics preferred
- Innovative mindset with ability to imagine new ways of solving customer challenges
- Technical writing experience a plus
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent products and solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.