Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Product Development Manager, Deposits at our Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for driving product and function innovation from inception through execution. This position will collaborate across stakeholders and support our Agile/Technology team to develop and deliver new Checking, Savings and CD products and features that delight our members and drive our growth.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand the overall product vision and strategy, and champion and lead the implementation and development of the deposit product roadmap.
- Actively lead competitive and internal research to drive the definition and development of new products and features to advance the product roadmap.
- Manage the scope of development for new products and on-going feature enhancements and communicate needs to Technology development, external vendors and user experience teams.
- Write core business requirements and stories that Technology, external vendors and user experience can translate into system and design requirements for development.
- Assist with project communications to ensure all stakeholders are aware of project timelines, resource impacts, and operational impacts.
- Answer questions from development team and user experience team and serve as liaison to support IT delivery teams to clarify intent/requirements.
- Develop member experience workflows to document business processes as related to technical solution.
- Assist IT staff and/or vendor personnel with the conceptual design and development of systems as well as with problem resolution.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners including Technology, Compliance, User Experience, Call Center Operations, Branch and others involved as stakeholders in the transformation of our Deposit products.
- Manage and support enterprise wide change management and develop repeatable processes that support stakeholders across the credit union.
- Proactively escalate significant or ongoing issues while understanding the major impacts to technical and business-related areas and provide recommendations and solutions that can be implemented to correct the problem.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in product management or related roles in consumer finance, preferably deposit products
- Excellent and concise communication and presentation skills.
- Highly analytical, process driven and innovation with the drive to build quality products that delight customers and the ability to deliver results in large complex environments
- Must be organized and the ability to multi-task multiple projects.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience implementing process improvements.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, SharePoint, Visio, PowerPoint as well as Confluence JIRA and other collaboration apps/toolsets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.