The Product Manager (Infectious Disease and Immunology) is responsible for a product line under the guidance of the director of product development. This position includes surveying the market to find unsolved market problems, plus developing and executing those business proposals and plans for the problems that provide the greatest value to Quest Diagnostics.
The Product Manager's job also includes conducting competitive analysis, technical assessments, and analyzing secondary, and primary product/market research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Product Manager is responsible for supporting director of product development.
- The Product Manager is responsible for learning about the assigned product(s). This includes the existing state of the market, product(s), the current issues with the product(s) and the roadmap plans for the product(s).
- Initially, the Product Manager responsibilities shall be a supporting role for an existing product line and as the person learns and grows, they shall be able to take over additional product manager responsibilities. These responsibilities include:
- Researches, isolates and assesses the value and potential of new market solutions, products and capabilities for the assigned product solutions based on needs expressed by sales, clients and prospects, competitive offerings and insights, opportunities identified internally, research of publicly available data, and marketplace trends, and develops the business case for those with strong brand fit and potential for success to ensure a pipeline of solutions that ensure the continued success of the brand, and its clients and participants.
- Completes product/service plans to bring new solutions and revisions to existing solutions to market, including defining their value propositions, pricing, segment- and channel-specific customizations, as well as defining product scope, development timelines, milestones, key stakeholders and contributors, success metrics, and resource requirements necessary to achieve the objectives d with their successful introductions.
- Works with cross-functional teams to develop and deliver product/services, process capability and staff expertise into marketable services through traditional product development techniques and processes. Holds accountability for product value in current and new products including maintaining profitable margins and driving profitable growth.
- Works closely with product marketing communication leaders to successfully commercialize and target product/capability solutions and drive the development of advertising and promotional messages and tactics that convey the value proposition effectively and deliver to the marketing calendar.
- Using advanced skills in PowerPoint and superior written and oral presentation skills, crafts persuasive messages and the competitive advantages of Quest Diagnostics to customers, strategic partners and senior Quest Diagnostics management.
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a product analyst or product management role.
- Experience managing products, from development through launch.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines consistently.
- Experience with cross-functional teams that include development, operations, logistics, laboratory, legal, IT, sales, and marketing staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of Viral Infections or Transplant testing a plus
- Seasoned experience using Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.