The purpose of this position is to provide effective management of Cardinal Health’s US Incontinence product portfolio and to drive increased engagement with US customers. This US market manager facilitates the achievement of the Incontinence revenue, profit and marketing objectives and works with the field sales team, supplier partners, R&D, QRA and other functional groups within Cardinal Health to meet customers’ needs. This market manager will monitor the Incontinence segment of the US market, recommending market strategies, product portfolio additions, and drive marketing activities to grow the business in this market segment profitably. Key responsibilities include completing market and product opportunity assessments, lead activities related to definition and implementation of new product development, manage product portfolio to ensure maximum alignment with market trends and opportunities constantly updating the business’s understanding of customer’s needs and requirements. As a market manager, this person will work with the Assortment team, as well as the sourcing National Brand team, to develop assortment strategies. This individual will also have responsibility for sales training as well as other customer and business support staff; this training will include product application training, product positioning, competitive market landscape, general market trend landscape (i.e. federal and other related impacts) and key customer business dynamics.
- Drives primary and secondary research efforts to support the development of strategic direction for the Incontinence market segment.
- Analyzes the competitive product environment for Incontinence market providers, including understanding pricing, promotions, product offerings, and market approaches.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding product trends, technology shifts, reimbursement trends, regulation changes and related market activities through in-depth review of research reports, technical and trade publications/journals, trade show attendance, association meetings and customer visits.
- Conducts market and business opportunity assessments, informing full stage and gate activities as needed, to support the growth of the Incontinence revenue, profit and market share objectives.
- Identifies new product portfolio opportunities in the US region through development, partnership or acquisition and communicates recommendations to the global team.
- Actively manages US product pricing, promotions, and competitive positioning of key features and advantages through the maintenance of effective and regular communications with sales, supplier partners, and other key functional groups across Medical.
- Establishes and oversees tracking of financial objectives, including product line growth, profitability, market share, product life cycle and internal performance metrics (service levels, back orders, etc.)
- Guides problem resolution to meet customers’ needs to resolve quality, delivery or inventory issues. Maintains cadence of contact and interaction with key healthcare providers and professionals relative to category, through either sales force collaboration, VOC, advisory council interaction or arranged site contacts. Goal is to continue to develop relationships internally and externally and to build and reinforce value of Cardinal Health.
- Maintains cadence of contact and interaction with current and potential supplier partners. Responsible for ongoing relationship development and building to enhance and promote value of Cardinal Health.
Knowledge, Skill Sets and Abilities
- Technical knowledge of the operation, products and applications in the Incontinence space. Experience realized through education, sales experience, Incontinence product marketing experience, or product specific customer facing experience is desired.
- Product Launch Experience (Stage and Gate understanding, Downstream Marketing, Successful implementation and process appreciation.)
- Incontinence product related/application experience.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with business leadership, sales, operations, R&D, quality, inventory and sourcing.
- Experience in product or sales training, as well as customer presentations.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field, preferred.
- Position may be located in Dublin (Ohio), Chicago (Illinois), or Mansfield, (MA)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.