Permanent General Companies, also known as 'The General' insurance company as seen in national television advertisements, is a rapidly growing company and leading non-standard auto insurance provider. We are growing our Product Management team and are seeking to add dynamic individuals to our staff in one of 3 locations (Nashville, TN, Alpharetta, GA, and Phoenix, AZ). As a member of the Product Team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing business and pricing strategies to drive profitable growth for our auto insurance products as well as meeting our customers’ needs.
Permanent General offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, basic (company paid) and supplemental life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), wellness initiatives, 401(k) participation with a matching contribution and much more!Responsibilities
The Product Manager II owns the growth and profitability within their assigned states. You will analyze & evaluate the overall performance of the auto products in your assigned states and make recommendations for product related changes as required to maintain state profitability and volume levels. You will be working with a great team of associates and will have the opportunity to grow your career with The General.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Research the non-standard auto marketplace to gain advanced knowledge of the competition in order to design strategies to compete within the market.
- Organize the research, analysis, filing, programming and delivery of product related changes to the market.
- Partner with Marketing & Sales Department in the development of promotional and marketing strategies of assigned state to ensure that they are directed to the targeted consumer group and partner agencies.
- Work with the functional support departments as needed to establish standards regarding policy services, data processing, pricing and budget analysis, sales support and claims service.
- Analyze the growth and profitability of assigned states. Report to senior management periodically on actual growth and profitability versus the budget.
- Mentor and coach new associates to develop skills, increase job knowledge and achieve stated performance objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.