You will create best-in-class digital experiences for Bally Sports Users as a Product Manager for our core mobile apps, websites and connected devices and premium streaming services. In this role, you will be responsible for defining product user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and identifying technical and operational enhancements necessary to deliver a compelling user experience that drives the Bally Sports business objectives. You will also leverage product performance data, consumer insights and research to develop features that grow and retain fans and subscribers. Working within a larger Product team, you will collaborate closely with internal and external design, development, and quality assurance teams as well as internal business stakeholders to execute the delivery of our product roadmap. Above all, you will be a champion for the voice of our fans worldwide.
• Manage and perform day-to-day product/project management activities including the definition of product specifications, requirements, user stories, high level technical and user experience flows
• Prioritize product initiatives and the product backlog based on a deep understanding of consumer insights, business goals, product health and the competitive marketplace
• Collaborate with developers to design and architect optimal technical solutions and data flows for new features and functionality
• Gather data and insights and implement A/B testing to model the impact of new features and functionality of Bally Sports core KPIs, and devise strategic experiments that lead to continuous improvement
• Implement lean/agile product development methods, including ways to gather and synthesize customer insights and translate them into testable hypotheses and product prototypes
• Help define the overall product strategy and roadmap based on the needs of our fans and the Bally Sports business objectives
• Manage the delivery of product features across a variety of platforms including mobile, web and connected devices
• Manage relationships with internal and external development, design, testing and operations partners to implement product updates with a consistent level of quality
• Identify and cultivate relationships between new technology companies, agencies, or partners that can improve all aspects of our digital products
• Communicate regularly with senior executives internally and externally
• Help build a product management culture that emphasizes continuous learning, data analysis and experimentation, agile software development, and unrelenting fan focus
• 5+ years’ experience in product management with a proven track record of delivering consumer-facing video, mobile, web and/or connected device experiences at scale
• Demonstrated ability to drive high performing, cross-functional teams comprised of both internal and external product, design, development and QA resources
• Significant experience with agile product development methodology and expert skills with leading agile software tools
• Strong technical background with an understanding of client/server relationships and how to integrate APIs, SDKs and multiple data sources to create products; experience building websites or apps preferred
• Experience working with analytics and measurement software tools coupled with strong data analysis skills
• Experience working with premium and/or subscription products direct-to-consumer preferred
• Technology-savvy with deep understanding of evolving media and content landscape and trends
• Strong presentation and written communication skills and experience leading product discussions with senior management
• Strong project management skills with a proven track record of setting and delivering on expectations and commitments
• Knowledge and passion for sports
Educational Background Required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.