Marketing assesses customer needs, market conditions, and competition to inform the commercialization strategy. The NPWT Product Manager is responsible for developing that analysis and using it to execute a marketing plan that achieves the growth objectives for the NPWT business. The NPWT Product Manager is responsible for identifying product/service needs in the region, executing the pricing strategy, promoting products/services in target channels, and empowering the products/services sales force to achieve regional business unit objectives.
- Manage the Acute channel revenue and profit for the U.S. NPWT portfolio.
- Develop specific marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics. Build and execute the product marketing plans for the Acute channel as part of an integrated strategy.
- Execute projects that drive penetration of Cardinal NPWT products within the U.S. Acute market.
- Serve as a product expert for NPWT, working with clinical and sales staff to communicate value to customers, detail features and benefits, and make pricing decisions in line with the established pricing strategy.
- Work with Enterprise Contracting, Sales, and Product Management to develop strategies that capture GPO/RPC contracts and maximize the realized benefit from won contracts.
- Proactively gain insights into competitors, their products, pricing, unmet customer needs, and changing clinical practices through observations and interactions with filed staff and customers.
- Develop recommendations for new products, product lines, and product line extensions that align with channel growth objectives. Make recommendations regarding product line rationalization and product retirement within the channel.
- Develop the mechanisms to communicate insights gathered from the field to all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Develop the in-channel launch, marketing, and promotion strategy for new product launches, and drive growth initiatives for products post-launch.
- Create product related sales tools and train the field sales force in a way that empowers sales representatives to effectively sell the NPWT portfolio.
- Remain current on trends in the market that impact sales, distribution and the profitability of Cardinal Health's NPWT products.
- Develop stakeholder analysis, competitive analysis, positioning/value proposition, and message platform.
- Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including product management, sales, DMG, customer service, strategic pricing, enterprise marketing, finance, quality, regulatory, legal, inventory, regional or channel teams, as well as others
What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, branding an
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business. Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders
- Identifies and remains current on market trends. Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/ product decisions. Can identify market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions that meet customer needs.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & marketing plan this includes identifying the appropriate channels to market. Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive positioning.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, communications, operations, and sales.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 4+ years experience in related field, preferred.
- Possible travel over 15%
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.