The General is seeking a Product Process Manager to join our company.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement in the ranks – if you’ve got the ambition. (Just don’t try and achieve the rank of General –there’s only one of him!) The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You'll Do
As a member of the Product Team, you will facilitate the usage of new analysis tools and processes to enhance and improve the Product Management role as it relates to rate/rule/form revisions, Department of Insurance filings, and post production implementation to achieve profitable growth in all states. Working cross departmentally, you will be responsible for recommending and implementing continued process improvement for efficiency and accuracy around all aspects of the rate, rule, and form revision process. Responsibilities include:
- Lead implementation of changes outlined in the Product Rate Plan.
- Provide strategic vision, guidance and oversight to the Product Process team on their essential job responsibilities.
- Communicate to Senior Leadership the monthly revision activity and how that compares to the Product Rate Plan.
- Establish, communicate, and implement Product Process plans, objectives, and strategies to effectively position our product to win in the market.
- Collaborate cross departmentally to develop efficient business practices between the business and IT/QA departments.
- Utilize analysis tools and methods using Excel, Alteryx, JIRA and Confluence to further improve process efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve department/unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
- Provide leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Create an effective work environment by developing a strategic vision, setting clear objectives and KPI’s, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develop staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance & development plans.