Location : West Fargo or Bismarck
Location: West Fargo or Bismarck ND
To build the Company's product and innovation advantage by working with Channel Marketing to create optimal products and product improvements. This includes maximizing product gross profit and customer satisfaction.
Market & Competitor Analysis
- Monitor, analyze and communicate competitor product intelligence (e.g. business strategy, new products, pricing data) to identify implications and differentiation opportunities for the Company's strategy and products.
- In conjunction with Marketing, initiate and/or participate in market and product research activities to understand customer and dealer needs (Survey, Customer Visits, Focus Groups, Dealer Visits).
- Review Engineering Change Notice's for field impact (price, performance, safety) and communicate findings to marketing communications and channel marketing managers.
- Acting as Voice of Customer, provide product feedback to support product development.
- Act as liaison with the attachments team to ensure that all products work with approved attachments.
- Develop and maintain price and specification data sheets.
- Setup new product and option package configurations in production planning systems.
- In conjunction with Marketing, develop training materials for new product launches along with participating in market and product training events (e.g. press events, literature, web development, photo/video, etc.).
- Develop and conduct product training activities to support dealer Sales Specialists and Bobcat Field Marketers.
- Provide on-going product support to dealer Sales Specialists and Bobcat Field Marketers
- Support on-going efforts to improve dealer performance.
- Hire, supervise and develop Student Co-ops.
- Participate in industry events and associations.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience Required: 2+ years of experience in Product Development, Engineering or Market Development
- Travel Required: 10-24%
- Construction product (or related) development knowledge and operation experience
- Experience in conducting and compiling customer research
- Verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to speak in front of audiences ranging from 5-100 people
- Ability to handle objections from dealer staff, incorporating feedback where appropriate and providing supporting evidence to help change dealer mindset where appropriate
- International travel may occur
Areas of Focus
- Be able to understand the complexities of customer wants so the company is able to refine or develop products to match those wants.
- This can be done through various methods of research: on site customer visits, focus groups, phone or internet surveys, etc.
- Must take newly developed or improved products and develop promotional plans and materials to promote our product superiority over competitive products and maximizes their acceptance via advertising, literature and trade shows.
- Promote products in established markets to show their superiority over alternative methods and the promotion of these products in new applications they have not been used in.
- Must be able to handle objections from dealer staff, incorporating feedback where appropriate and providing supporting evidence to help change dealer mindset where appropriate.
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.