The Product Training Specialist reports to the Product Training Manager and is responsible for using market knowledge and product knowledge along with other relevant sources to develop and perform focused training programs used to educate and inform Bobcat dealers, primarily dealer sales specialists. This position will develop the product information, training content, and other tools through collaboration with internal and external resources. A key responsibility for the product training specialist will be to conduct trainings as it relates to their specific product group to large and small groups, in formal and informal work environments, both in-person and online. This position has an overall responsibility for product knowledge spanning multiple channels and departments.
Role & Responsibility
Training Content Delivery
- Conduct field trainings such as Bootcamps, regional product meetings (RPMS), dealer call ins, targeted Field trainings and other training events
- Effectively and expertly deliver content to large and small audiences in formal and informal settings
- Able to answer Bobcat and competitive product and application questions on-the-spot during dealer and customer visits, trade shows and events
Training Content Development
- Implement delivery method of training content through the proper internal and external channels
- Implement content development that increases sales specialist product knowledge in alignment with company goals
- Implement projects and hold agencies accountable to deliver defined training content
- Coordinate interactions with other departments including new product development, product management, marketing, and field sales/service staff to acquire information and validate content.
Dealer & Customer Interactions
- Provide timely and accurate answers to product questions and needs
- Professionally represent Bobcat at product demonstrations, dealer open houses, field trainings, trade shows and fairs, and other events
- Industry expertise on competitive products
- Arm sales specialists with critical training on Bobcat advantages
- Travel required: 50-75%
- Experience required: >1 year
- Education required: Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 2+ years working at agriculture, construction, grounds maintenance, or industrial motorized mobile equipment dealership
- 1+ year(s) public speaking experience
- 1+ year(s) customer service role
- Prior direct sales experience preferred
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a North Dakota CDL is required or ability to obtain CDL in first 3 months of employment.
- CDL - Class A
- Proficient in data mining, research and analysis
- Ability to independently deliver Bobcat training programs
- Ability to develop industry leading online and in-person training content
- A background/aptitude in agricultural, construction or industrial motorized, mobile equipment
- Persuasive selling skills
- Command respect of sales specialists through verbal and written skills
- Influence the impact of subject matter to large and diverse audiences
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.