Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Drives is a pioneering technology leader, providing products and solutions to help our customers maximize productivity, safety and energy efficiency, with a focus on reducing impact on the environment.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Production Manager and is located in New Berlin, Wisconsin. As a Production Assembler 2, you will be responsible for building the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, meeting company production standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.Under the direction of production supervision.
- Assemble products, following Engineering documents, ensuring the highest quality products, meeting company product standards, production goals, and customer specifications and delivery requirements.
- Operate computer to check schedules, update manufacturing status of jobs.
- Perform operator based Go-No Go testing per procedures.
- Continually monitor quality of parts used in the assembly process.
- Assist in the training of other employees, addressing and resolving inquiries and problems.
- Perform material handling activities as required.
- Review assembly processes and methods and recommend changes to ensure the continuous, on going improvement of productivity and quality.
- Interface with engineering to accurately communicate information.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documentation, reject tickets, etc.
- Participate actively in team meetings and group discussions.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and three months of related experience highly preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.