1st Shift: 5am-3:30pm- $13/hr
2nd Shift: 4pm-2:30am- $14/hr
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes repetitive tasks and follows procedures along with written and verbal instructions.
- Meets goals as defined within Stryker key success factors of Quality First, Customer Experience, Innovation, People Development, and Financial Results.
- Responsible for participating in continuous improvement, 5S, daily/weekly cleaning and providing suggestions or ideas.
- Responsible for personal production output and maintaining production logs as needed or working with team to achieve team production targets.
- Responsible for personal training, understanding procedures and accurately following all procedures, policies and Good Manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for successfully completing and maintaining competencies for all stations required to work.
- Invests in employee involvement and development by being responsible and accountable, being passionate towards the success of the business, treating all with dignity and respect and by fostering personal growth.
- Strives for operational excellence by promoting a team-based, product-focused organization, contributing to continuous improvement, participating in safety programs, strives for cost reduction and committed to quality by striving for reliability and quality in our products.
- Works with some daily direction still required.
- Punctuality and Attendance: Follow attendance policy as outlined in our company handbook.
Qualifications(education, Certifications, and/or Experience):
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic writing and computer skills
- Basic knowledge of process, quality criteria, and Stryker compliance
- Ability to adhere to safety related issues to include, but not limited to good housekeeping and ergonomics practices
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand English
- Trained on all required stations/positions within assigned line
- Overall score of Highly Effective on most recent temporary associate performance review
- Exposure to a medically controlled environment, subject to interruptions, subject to changing conditions.
- Protective Personal Equipment required as indicated by area procedure.
- Physical Requirements: prolonged standing, sitting, and/or walking. This position may also require: hands to finger motion, handling, or feeling objects, reaching with hands and arms, balance, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Medium Work: Will occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (seek assistance for greater amounts).
- Visual Demands: Near acuity; ability to see at 20 inches or more, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be required to pass visual acuity test to distinguish colors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.