WHP-TV, in Harrisburg, PA, is currently seeking an experienced Commercial Production Manager to oversee the production of all commercial and sponsored on-air, print and digital projects of the CBS, CW and My Network stations. Qualified candidates must be able to manage a team of commercial producers to create, conceptualize, script, and edit cutting edge commercials for station clients. The ability to work well with internal and external clients is vital.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and oversee commercial production through scheduling and execution
- Create advertising concepts and execute through producing, scriptwriting, shooting and editing.
- Responsible for each phase of production from conception, scripting, pre-production and post-production.
- Work closely with the sales, creative services, traffic, and engineering departments.
- Assist Creative Services Director in hiring and training of commercial production producers.
- Meet with station clients and create advertising that is effective in furthering client's goals.
- Manage equipment maintenance and usage.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Non-linear editing experience
- Knowledge of Adobe products (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop)
- Experience scripting long form and short form projects
- Ability to write and edit commercials that tell a compelling story
- A strong understanding of fundamental design, sense of color, typography and composition
- Advanced knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
- Understanding of digital marketing and its value to clients
- Ability to maintain a variety of projects and work with varying production styles while employing strong client service skills
- Ability to maintain digital assets, archives and edit systems
- Strong time management in fast-pased enviroment
- Self-starter and self-learner
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in broadcast production is a must
- Experience in management preferred
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.