The Production Manager is responsible for working cross functionally to develop the process strategy for their affected business units within the Litchfield facility by utilizing the appropriate resources to achieve Company goals and world class manufacturing operations.
Role & Responsibility
Department Administration/Staff Management
• Arrange supervisor support for assigned area during all times of operation.
• Responsible for leading functional business unit process improvements as it relates to reduction of scrap, overtime, rework, downtime, quality, efficiencies, delivery, etc.
• Responsible for setting standard of good housekeeping and ensuring a safe working environment for all employees.
• Responsible for root cause analysis and ensuring corrective actions are implemented
• KPI(s): Number of kaizens within area. Information flow & governance. Audit Score. 5S Score. Safety Cross.
• Responsible for understanding and reporting timely daily build #’s, downtime, scrap, etc. for their assigned business unit.
• Coaching and mentoring supervisors
• Work with ME Group on ECN/OSMI changes.
• Positive, constructive interaction of the assigned production area(s) with entire site and other North American locations.
• Ensuring all pre-determined KPI’s are met by involving necessary stakeholders.
• Recognition as good corporate citizens of the states/communities where we operate.
Achieve Company Goals
• General understanding of how sales and production forecasts affect labor, material, and equipment.
• Assist in the development of new or improved processes, equipment, organization, standards, specifications, methods, policies, systems or procedures to maintain and improve operating efficiency and product quality.
• Any Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent experience accepted.
• 5+ years’ experience in operations, supervision, and people development.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, inventory flow and technology.
• Competent managing and developing people.
• Requires the ability to think strategically about how to improve the business service and manage the tactical steps necessary to execute the plan.
• Ability to drive productivity & operational excellence.
• Ability to work with others.
• Competent analytical and organizational skills.
• Competent communication and decision-making skills.
• Less than 10% travel required.
• Ability to work off-shifts and overtime.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.