Production Operator - Weekend Days & Weekend Nights (Fri, Sat, Sun & alternative Mon.) / Week Days & Week Nights (Tue, Wed, Thu & alternative Mon.)
World leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 43 countries and more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Etoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture.
We look for candidates whose motivation is to invest in themselves, in the projects of the future, and to participate in a collective adventure led by a pioneering spirit.
We have the commitment to offer our collaborators a working environment which encourages team spirit, with priority given to training and development with international career opportunities.
A strong Scientific and technological pioneering spirit drives bioMérieux development since its creation in 1963. We design innovative in vitro diagnostic solutions for our customers that initiate new forms of scientific partnerships to be at the forefront of the most advanced technologies. Our presence in more than 150 countries with 9,400 employees worldwide secures bioMérieux commitment to public health.
bioMérieux products are used to diagnose infectious diseases, they provide high medical value results for cancer screening and monitoring, cardiovascular emergencies and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. Products also include industrial microbiological controls to detect microorganisms in food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
We are committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
Production Operator - Weekend Days & Weekend Nights: Fri, Sat, Sun & alternative Mon. Week Nights: (Tue, Wed, Thu & alternative Mon.)
Production Operator / Production Technician I
The Production Technician I position is responsible for the operation of high speed equipment used in the production and packaging of VITEK 2 cards in a cGMP compliant manner. The position may perform or assist in the setup, operation, inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting and cleaning of equipment used throughout the VITEK 2 Card Manufacturing and Packaging processes. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for completing production batches and corresponding documentation for the associated tasks, (AQL) Acceptance Quality Limit inspections, reworks and material reconciliation that goes along with the batch. Contribute to building a positive work environment.
* Execute production activities per approved Manufacturing Directions while maintaining compliance with all job related SOPs.
* Ensure that all batch paperwork is completed in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
* Execute validation protocols associated with manufacturing/packaging equipment and procedures including revalidation as required to maintain systems in a validated state.
* Provide assistance with the review and revision of Manufacturing Directions and SOPs necessary for the manufacture and packaging of product.
* Certified in operation of at least one high speed manufacturing equipment efficiently and effectively, in some cases highly automated, using (HM) Human Machine Interface / (SCADA) Supervisory control & data acquisition interfaces.
* Engage in cage movement, maintain product segregation, retrieve and organize raw materials, and ability to learn fork truck operation.
* Follow appropriate departmental cleaning procedures to ensure adequate cleaning of the manufacturing areas.
* Setup high speed manufacturing equipment, within defined tolerances, to ensure product runs are started on time and within established guidelines.
* Comply with all safety policies and procedures at all times.
* Appropriately use PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) as required to perform routine and non-routine duties.
* Maintain all work areas in a well-organized, clean and tidy manner at all times in compliance with cGMP requirements.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
* High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
* 1-2 years' experience in FDA regulated manufacturing environment and (GMP) Good Manufacturing Practices is desired
* Ability to express ideas clearly (verbal and written) with the ability to work from verbal and/or written instructions, manuals, work orders and specifications
* Ability to perform necessary calculations and complex task sequences in order to meet production requirements
* Attention to detail and the ability to accurately interpret technical documentation are critical
* Ability to perform computer applications including learning and performing SAP transactions
* Ability to routinely lift 20-40 pounds
* Ability to stand for 8-12 hours
* Ability to work overtime as required to cover a 24/7 operation
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.