The production operator will be an assembler.
Performs a wide variety of mechanical assembly operations with different types of components (metals, glass tubes, connectors, etc.) on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows specific methods and sequence of operations in assembly and testing of product. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to documented specifications.
Duties may include:
* Assembles/processes product, parts and assemblies using hand tools, customized tooling, and/or semi-automated equipment.
* Follows written process/assembly documentation.
* Inspects and tests parts, assemblies and product using precision measuring and testing equipment.
* Adjusts process within defined ranges based on measured results.
* Proficient in a production skill area.
* Strong teaming skills.
* Basic understanding of material logistics.
* Basic understanding of several business systems/concepts such as Demand Flow, Statistical Process Control, Process Documentation, Empowerment, Six Sigma methods, Quality and/or Cost Improvement.
* Familiar with business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
* Must be able to lift 50-70 lbs. on a regular basis.
* High School Degree or equivalent.
* 1 year of experience in manufacturing environment is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.