Production Supervisor - 2nd shift
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As Production Supervisor, you’ll lead a team of 35-40 employees who are engaged in the manufacturing of rubber and epoxy molded components used in various electrification products that support critical infrastructure. You’ll be accountable for establishing work schedules, meeting productivity and quality targets, continuous improvement activities and controlling the flow of production in your assigned department to meet our customer service targets.
Reporting to Production Manager, you will aid in the transformation of parts and raw materials into ABB products in a timely and cost-effective manner, managing resources to meet production targets.
- Lead and coordinate activities of all assigned department employees
- Ensure your team’s satisfactory quality and quantity of work
- Control the flow of production, manage costs and hours, establish schedules, and write required status reports and records
- Work collaboratively with your Supervisory Team peers, Health and Safety, and HR in developing, improving, and delivering safety, skills, and quality training programs for plant employees
- Ensure consistent treatment of all employees under your supervision
- Account for efficiency and productivity levels to meet corporate objectives
- Report to Production Manager on general progress of daily production, shipments and areas of concern
- Coordinate and communicate production priorities and employee availability plans with other shift supervisors
- Maintain adequate backlog in advance of operations supervised to achieve quotas and smooth production flow
- Work with Maintenance Department to coordinate repair and maintenance in accordance with production requirements
- Consult with Quality Control Department and Production Manager daily to ensure early detection of potential areas of concern
- Supervise the safe and efficient operation of all units in the department under direction of the Production Manager in accordance with departmental objectives and operating plans
- Ensure that all employees comply with policies and regulations according to safety, ISO, OSHA and any applicable Company policies and procedures
- High School Diploma is required with a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience or either of the achievement of an Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience or a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Proven manufacturing supervisory skills with ability to train, coach, and motivate employees
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work Second Shift
- Demonstrated experience in production planning & scheduling, lean manufacturing, and continuous process improvement is a plus
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.