Production Supervisor - Assembly
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This position involves heading a team in the Electrification Installation Products, ensuring continuous and efficient production operations in line with plans, procedures, and quality and safety standards and policies.
Reporting to the Production Manager, need to supervise the work areas assigned to achieve maximum effectiveness in coordinating shipments to our customers while controlling internal costs.
- Oversee and coordinate activities and personnel of assigned department(s)
- Ensure satisfactory quality and quantity of work for assigned department(s)
- Control the flow of production, costs and hours, establish schedules, and write necessary reports and records
- Work with all Supervisors, Health and Safety, and HR in the preparation of instructions and training of employees on safety, skills, and quality
- Ensure consistent treatment of all employees under his/her supervision
- Account for efficiency and productivity levels to meet corporate objectives
- Report to Production Manager on general progress of daily production, shipments and areas of concern
- Coordinate and communicate production priorities and employee availability plans with other shift supervisors
- Maintain adequate backlog in advance of operations supervised to achieve quotas and smooth production flow
- Work with Maintenance Department to coordinate repair and maintenance in accordance with production requirements
- Consult with Quality Control Department and Production Manager on a daily basis to ensure early detection of probable areas of concern
- Supervise the safe and efficient operation of all units in the department under direction of the Production Manager in accordance with departmental objectives and operating plans
- Ensure that all employees comply with policies and regulations according to safety, ISO, OSHA and any applicable Company policies and procedures
- High School Diploma is required with a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience or either of the achievement of an Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience or a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Solid production planning and scheduling, lean manufacturing, and continuous process improvement experience
- Proven manufacturing supervisory skills with ability to train, instruct, and motivate employees
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office 365 software, including word, excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.