- Lead and direct the employees, including performance management and selection of prospective employees.
- Responsible for areas to include overtime, consumable spending, delivery metrics, capacity planning, risk assessment, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE).
- Meet or exceed production and quality requirements for the business.
- Champion principles of Lean Manufacturing and Lean Business Practices in all areas of operation.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment. Insure equipment is operated and maintained per TPM specifications.
- Anticipate and trouble shoot problems with orders and/or equipment. Collaborate with other departments for resolution.
- Ensure that established policies, rules, regulations and procedures are followed, including safety and housekeeping.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in a supervisory or lead position. Aerospace manufacturing experience preferred.
- Proven ability to balance the needs of the production floor with customer requirements and management expectations.
- Ability to anticipate problems, and an eagerness to resolve the problems based on what is best for the customer and the division.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated use of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Acts with integrity and the highest ethical behavior.
- Balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in MRO machining and process highly desired.
- High School or better.
- Bachelor of Science preferred.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.