Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employ over 23,500 people and have global sales exceeding US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organisation.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
The Production Supervisor is accountable for production planning, assigning work, and implementing policies and procedures. The Supervisor recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. The Supervisor should be seen as champion of safe practices in meeting all objectives.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet daily goals.
- Ensures effective employee relations through coaching and development and resolves employee issues through problem resolution OR Confer with management for guidance in resolving employee complaints and or grievances.
- Develop and/or implement training plans to increase employees’ skills and capabilities. Read and analyze charts, work orders, maintenance, and production schedules in order to meet customer requirements.
- Confer with other supervisors and managers to coordinate operations and activities throughout the operation.
- Inspect materials, product, and equipment to detect defects or malfunctions. Determine best problem-solving solution.
- Ensure all associates adhere to production and processing standards.
- Ensure all production, quality, and maintenance systems are in working order.
- Recommend improvement ideas in all areas.
- Record and maintain records as required.
- Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
- Leads by example with the Company Code of Ethics. This includes following Company policies, standards and specifications.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensures the work area is properly maintained and organized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of electrical and process improvements.
- Mechanical: Knowledge of machines, tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Must have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft office products.
- SAP preferred.
- Production and Processing: Knowledge of raw materials, production equipment and processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Administrative and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, employee relations, leadership techniques, in the coordination of people and resources.
- Experience with Six Sigma, Lean or other improvement philosophies
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and understanding the emphasis on plant efficiency while ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
Education & Experience:
- B.S./B.A. in Management, Industrial Engineering or technical- highly preferred
- At least 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility
- 5 years’ experience in high speed manufacturing
- SAP, Kronos experience
- Experience in a union environment is strongly preferred
- Walk on flat surfaces 90% of the time
- Climb stairs 10% of the time
- Work a 12-hour shift, (3-4, 4-3 schedule)
- Willing to work night shift
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud outside of the office area. Employees must wear hearing protection and all other assigned Personal Protective Equipment. Temperature can range from extreme cold (90 degrees).
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.