Production Supervisor 2nd shift
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
This role reports to Production Manager and is located in Mebane, North Carolina. As a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for leading a team within a production unit or line in the execution of production processes to transform parts and raw materials into ABB products in a timely, cost-effective manner to achieve business overall metrics within the ABB values. Ensure continuous and efficient operation in accordance with volumes, schedules, procedures, drawings, and quality and safety standards and policies. This role sets the standard for Safety, Quality, Delivery and Culture of the manufacturing workplace.
- Knows all safety and environmental rules/regulations that affect the work area.
- Develops and reinforces ABB Values in Action within team members.
- Knows the principles outlined in the ABB Fair Process and uses them to maintain an appropriate and effective work environment.
- Embraces diversity and treats every employee fairly and with respect as the basis for working together as members of the ABB Team.
- Lead a high quality, effective start of shift production meeting, ready to discuss all production issues, maintenance needs, etc. from the previous shift.
- Maintains awareness of current or potential process and/or equipment issues under their area of responsibility.
- Uses appropriate tools (WI’s, SOP’s, JST’s, etc.) to establish and maintain a high level of operational and reliability discipline.
- Leads with optimism, confidence, and clarity to help employees feel engaged, value their role, and feel good about the company direction and strategy.
- Committed to developing all personnel to their full potential and makes assignments based on strengths and interests.
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration by spending time in the workplace interacting with employees.
- Invest the time to know your team and delegate appropriately to develop your team through training, coaching and job assignments.
- Completes assignments and projects on time. Accountable for personal and organizational results.
- Maintains focus and direction while removing barriers to minimize distractions and gain productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading in a manufacturing or product development environment or equivalent leadership experience.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production operations and machinery.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or a proven track record in leading continuous improvements projects is preferred.
- Project management skills to lead small Kaizen projects is preferred.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.