- Supervises and coordinates the workers engaged in machining and producing precision and complex parts to meet schedules for the various operations supporting customer requirements.
- Performance management, interviewing and selection of prospective employees. Maintains time and production records.
- Responsible for respective consumable spending, delivery metrics, capacity planning, risk assessment, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE).
- Meets or exceeds production and quality requirements for the business.
- Drives continuous improvement via BES (Barnes Enterprise System) principles and practices.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment. Ensures equipment is operated and maintained per TPM specifications.
- Anticipates and troubleshoots problems with orders and/or equipment. Collaborates with other production supervisors and cross functional team members for resolution.
- Ensures that established policies, rules, and procedures are followed and enforces safety regulations.
- Coordinates production efforts with supervision and other shifts or business units to ensure a smooth transition.
- Anticipates and resolves the problems based on what is best for the customer and the division.
- Acts with integrity and the highest ethical behavior demonstrating Barnes’ Values. Balances consistency with flexibility and willingness to adapt to new ideas in the face of new information.
- 1-3 years of experience in a supervisory or lead position. Aerospace manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to motivate or inspire the team to drive and achieve key operating initiatives.
- Strong Computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with ERP systems desired.
- Excellent communication and proven positive employee relations skills.
- BA or BS in technical field preferred; or equivalent work experience.
A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, short & long term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, floating holidays, 401(k) w/ match, employee stock purchase option & much more!
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)