Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries.With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses:Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform.ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020.ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
ABB is seeking a Production Supervisor for its Ormond Beach, Florida location.This role is responsible to Lead a team within a production unit or line in the execution of production processes to transform parts and raw materials into ABB products in a timely, cost-effective manner.Ensure continuous and efficient operation in accordance with volumes, schedules, procedures, drawing and quality and safety standards and policies.
- Organizes and allocates resources to effectively and efficiently meet production targets.Responds to resource issues as necessary.Leads capacity planning and resource optimization for the assigned unit or line.
- Identifies and recommends technical equipment and facility improvements as necessary.
- Ensures execution of volume, conforming product, and on-time delivery targets for the assigned production lines.
- Identifies deficiencies in production area, proposes improvement activities, and oversees implementation of actions to improve production performance.
- Manages the resolution of critical product or equipment issues together with relevant internal teams.
- Provides leadership and development to team in order to create a skilled work group.Guides and motivates team.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization on a regular cadence.
- Manages changes through effective change management techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years experience in the manufacturing environment or related OR 2 years of experience in addition.
- Engineering or technical degree Preferred
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Computer literate – Must be able to develop, analyze and present data developed from the use of the computer.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.