Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
The Production Support Engineer (Digital Engineer) will join the Digital Labs organization focused on delivering rapid, incremental capabilities to the Cloud that improve the member/user experience and drive value to Navy Federal. The Digital Engineer will become a member of a newly formed Digital Labs team established to work with the Labs’ Experiences team, the Information Service Department’s (ISD) Cloud and the IT Operations teams, and the larger Digital organization, to ensure Labs’ applications are ready for seamless production transition and successful operations. #dice
To support and participate in Labs’ Agile development and engineering activities throughout the lifecycle (product initiation, planning, implementation, reviews, and releases) as it relates to production readiness and support. Provide engineering, transition, implementation and operations support to Labs applications. Compile, research, analyze and document data, requirements, workflow/ processes, and/or controls for Digital Labs. Interact with all support organizations and business units. Develop and evaluate information, and prepare recommendations based on analysis for use in decision making.
• Ensure department objectives are met in operational readiness, quality, stability, efficiency, change control, performance management, metric development, security, and integrity of systems.
• Participate in establishing an Agile Service Management approach for Digital Labs that balances Labs’ methodologies with the Information Service Department’s (ISD) ITIL-based Service Management approach.
• Improve/propose/establish needed processes and procedures around transition, readiness, operations and business communication plans that complement ISD’s ITIL approach for Service Transition, Service Operations, and Continual Improvement. May include collaboration with Digital, Cloud, ISD and other business units to analyze existing processes/procedures and identify opportunities for new and/or improved processes or technologies.
• Participate in Labs’ production transition and support activities, including incident response; perform/lead troubleshooting activities with multiple teams and vendors in response to production outages; perform/lead root cause analysis efforts and problem management activities.
• Utilize Cloud-based tools and apply engineering and analysis skills to monitor, research, trouble-shoot application performance. Includes ability to run scripts (Java, SQL, etc.), debug, review log files, review code and queries.
• Work closely with Experience Teams to ensure that requirements, defects and activities related to operational readiness are incorporated into Sprint backlogs and development lifecycle processes.
• Develop and deploy software fixes, automation scripts, and other operational performance improvement initiatives.
• Utilize Cloud-based tools (Azure DevOps, Azure Application Insights/Monitor and ServiceNow) to monitor applications and key performance indicators.
• Leverage existing business intelligence tools (ex. PowerBI) to design/develop operations-related management dashboards that provide improved visibility, data sharing and informed decisions.
• Improve operational quality by compiling, preparing, and analyzing data, and recommending process improvements.
• Conduct benchmarking and use trend analysis to drive continuous improvement and elevate operational service performance.
• Evaluate industry best practices and current engineering trends, and provide/present recommendations to management for decisioning.
• Analyze changes in policies, procedures and products; determine the impact on the group functions.
• Prepare and deliver clear, concise and effective communications to teams and management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Expert analytical/quantitative, problem-solving, and deductive reasoning skills
• Ability to understand architecture diagrams, read/debug code, access/analyze log files and queries, etc.
• Demonstrated development experience with the following technologies: Java, Angular, Spring, Boot, microservices
• Familiarity with CI/CD software development practices and experience with common DevOps tools, Azure DevOps and Git highly desired
• Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Extensive experience working with, participating in and leading, cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage concurrent priorities and meet deadlines
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Advanced experience working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors with demonstrated ability to build effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
• Advanced skill troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
• Prior experience as a software developer, system administrator, systems analyst or systems engineer
• Significant experience working in an Agile software development environment and with the Scrum Framework
• Advanced knowledge with Cloud technologies and services, Microsoft Azure highly desired
• to new tools and technologies, including; Azure DevOps, Azure Application Insights/Monitor and ServiceNow
• Experience/Ability to troubleshoot issues and performing root cause analysis
• Must have an understanding of banking or financial services industry
• Desired - Knowledge of Navy Federal’s services, products and functions
• Advance knowledge in Windows Server and IIS Manager
• Desired - Knowledge of Navy Federal business processes and applications
• Desired - Prior experience working with Azure Cloud environments, Microsoft Dynamics, and/or the Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Backbase platforms
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm. Ability to work outside of standard work hours and occasional on call support as needed
Location: 1007 Electric Avenue, Vienna, Virginia 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.