Production Team Leader - 1st Shift
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
The role reports to the Production Supervisor and is located in Pinetops, North Carolina. As a Production Team Leader, you will be assisting with work plans as defined by Production management to ensure the proper use of machinery, equipment and assembly lines within a production area. The Team Leader cooperates with the Production Supervisor to create an effective work environment, reinforce production schedules, quality, and identifies best practices to implement within the manufacturing process.
- Role models and supports a culture that holds team members accountable for adhering to all job expectations and to all Company and department policies and procedures
- Routinely shares observations with Supervisor to improve individual and team capability
- Develops and reinforces ABB Values in Action within team members
- Follows all environmental and safety regulations affecting operations
- Proactively redlines operating procedures or checklists to maintain accurate documentation
- Effectively communicates with maintenance and contractors concerning jobs being performed within the Department
- Knows and effectively uses knowledge of key parameters of every unit operated and/or maintained and how to handle process upsets or equipment failures
- Understand and consistently use problem solving and advanced troubleshooting skills in your area; how to use them and what to do if they aren’t working
- Recommend improvements to Quality Management System (QMS), Training and other tools to improve team member understanding
- Engages team members to understand the work environment, train on specific tasks, develop trouble shooting expertise and/or provide coaching
- Provides input to Supervisor on Team strengths and improvement opportunities
- Develops relationships to promote teamwork between Teams and other organizations
- Effectively plans and organizes own work and the work of others, as needed
- Role models a high work ethic and expects the same from team members
- Enters employee time in an accurate and timely manner
- Exhibits an approach to daily routines which is consistent from day to day to promote operational discipline and effective operations
- High School diploma or GED and two years of manufacturing experience in assembly, fabrication or logistics
- Experience related to the processes within the area
- Passion for training others
- Strong people skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and written instructions
- Able to work in high pace work environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Understanding of lean/continuous improvement
- Skilled in using hand-tools such as drivers, air guns, pallets jacks, pallet banders, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and advance a teaming environment
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft and SAP
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.