Do you have experience in production, quality control, maintenance, and facility cleanliness? Are you able to follow written and verbal directions? Are you willing to operate material handling equipment such as a forklift and other equipment? Are you self-motivated, a team player, and customer focused? If so, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing animal feed ingredients. Join us and grow your career with Wilbur-Ellis – a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth & development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The primary role of the Production Technician is to assist in all aspects production, quality control, maintenance, and facility cleanliness. This may include packaging, filling assisting in formulation or housekeeping. Candidates are well driven self-starters that have the ability to work with a close knit team to meet the customers demand efficiently.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift and other equipment as required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Manual dexterity, must be able to be on your feet for long periods, and must be able to work in a production environment
- Able to follow written and verbal directions, and complete necessary documentation. Ability to read and write English is required
- Willing to work overtime hours as needed
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Driven; self-motivated
- Team player
- Strong sense of integrity and accountability
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Set up line according to production scheduled production job
- Inspect all materials for cleanliness and integrity. Report any issues before processing
- Blend materials in assigned mixer according to workflow
- Documentation as required in all aspects of job duties
- Learn and train all roles required at the plant (mixing, bagging, forklift, container loading, etc.)
- Operate processing equipment as outlined in SOP’s
- Maintain facility cleanliness throughout all operations
- Perform Quality Control while handling products
- Accurately document tasks performed (processing, maintenance, cleaning, etc.)
- Responsible for reporting safety/food safety problems to management, up to and including stopping a production line
- Assist in production at Ameri-Mills when needed
- Maintain all current training's
- Comply with all Food Safety Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, FDA and OSHA guidelines, as well as Federal and State laws governing the workplace
- Able to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook
- Comply with all Food Safety Guidelines, Ameri-Pac work rules, Ameri-Pac standard Operating Procedures, FDA and OSHA guidelines as well as federal and State laws governing the workplace
- Perform any other duties assigned by management professionally and efficiently
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition, LLC is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington and is a marketer and distributor of value-added feed ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific. Wilbur Ellis provides feed solutions to our customers and suppliers in the Livestock, Pet Food and Aquaculture Industries. Providing a complete supply chain, including logistics, warehousing and customer service, in addition to expertise in import/export and regulatory, sets Wilbur-Ellis apart from our competitors. We understand the importance of providing on-time delivery of specified products and honoring our commitments to suppliers and customers.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.