Program - Sr Mgr- Collegeville, Pennsylvania - Monday - Friday
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you
can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The position reports to the Director, Strategic Sourcing, and has the primary responsibility for architecting and executing the value based sourcing process, which is integrated with a Global Sourcing Partner (GSP), in China. Leading a team of sourcing and technical professionals and managing a high profile partner relationship, the Senior Program Manager will collaborate with external and internal company business leads, department and business unit senior managers, and corporate procurement sourcing and supply management leads to establish sourcing processes and sourcing strategies that deliver significant economic benefit to Quest Diagnostics. This position will initiate and manage projects to source, negotiate, and implement product acquisition taking full advantage of Quest Diagnostics size and scale, as well as the GSP’s. The Senior Program Manager will create a strategic and targeted approach to building a sourcing pipeline in Asia, based on spend analytics, growth and business strategies, and on the demands for products generated by the business.
• Sets the operational direction for the Value Based Sourcing function and communicates the underpinning strategy to leaders at all levels of the Company.
• Aggressively globalize the supply base to include low cost country focus, driving cost out across all appropriate commodities and services.
• Develop, implement and direct strategies to manage the company’s direct spend in China and integrate those strategies into the Corporate Procurement overall strategic plan.
• Based on data analytics and cost analysis, develops negotiation points for sourcing projects, improvements to Quest Diagnostics and supplier processes and methodologies; and develops and communicates design for “x” suggestions, to obtain cost reductions for products sourced.
• Advanced knowledge base of commodity and manufacturing process characteristics and works with the Sourcing and Supply Chain teams to develop methodologies to understand key materials trends (i.e.: plastics, textiles, labor rates, etc). Projects movements in those trends based on commodity indices, commodity economic trends, and other public information in order to estimate opportunities and impacts to sourcing initiatives.
• Develop a China supplier sourcing strategy and a comprehensive on-going supplier management process, using technology to identify initiatives and speed of processes.
• Oversee the competitive processes, with the GSP, including, RFP’s, RFI’s, and RFQ’s, for all commodities and products.
• Assures supplier capability and quality management systems, with the GSP, for the China supplier base and the products produced by those suppliers.
• Ensures that ongoing world-class benchmarking is conducted to maintain a continuous improvement environment that aggressively and pro-actively target constraints, high cost activities, product cost and lead time, or other areas where advanced sourcing methods and processes need to be evaluated and deployed
• Effectively manage the GSP supplier relationship and, the supplier relationships of China suppliers engaged in providing product to Quest Diagnostics.
• Develop staff capabilities through delegation and oversight of sourcing activities and processes; review, create and implement actionable sourcing project plans to deliver savings financial targets on time.
• Manage and track planned and achieved savings initiatives assuring those savings are communicated and properly accounted for as part of the Corporate Procurement overall savings plan.
• Direct and guide process improvement initiatives in the supplier base with the GSP; instituting entrepreneurial ideas and six sigma techniques such as strategic cost management processes, cost takeout programs, supplier performance scorecards, and product enhancement initiatives
• Integral member of the Quest Diagnostics corporate procurement team.
• Represent Quest Diagnostics externally at industry and professional conferences and present work, strategies and theories both internally and externally at the executive level.
• Executes on global sourcing strategies improving cost, quality, and delivery in line with established MBOs Critical
Skills and Leadership Characteristics:
• Self directed action oriented forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards.
• Dynamic, global leader with a record of achieving results individually and through others.
• Strategic visionary with strong collaboration/negotiation skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
• Highly developed intellectual capacity, strategy skills and influencing ability.
• Ability to work cross functionally with peers and other business leaders, in differing cultural settings.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, concurrently, and build consensus, both in Quest Diagnostics and with external partners.
• A team builder, a team player, and a team leader.
• Demonstrated ability to lead change in the face of adversity; to challenge the status quo constructively.
• Articulate, and a good communicator -oral and written.
• Ability to manage and balance a heavy international travel schedule (~40 – 50%)
• Minimum Bachelor of Science degree; preferably in a business, supply chain, or engineering discipline; MBA much strongly preferred.
• 10 - 12 years of related experience in Global Supply Chain Management/international sourcing. within a large, global and technical organization, preferably in the healthcare or technology industry.
• Experience in leading sourcing and procurement initiatives in low cost geographies/countries, preferably within Asia (i.e.: China)
• Expert-level negotiation skills and experience negotiating high profile contracts and relationships.
• An understanding and experience with developed markets and emerging markets (i.e.: BRIC).
• Ability to manage internal clients including line of business, business unit, and department senior leaders and managers.
• Demonstrated experience leading in a matrix global environment
• Strong professional presence, leadership competencies, and capable of working effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Expertise in all Microsoft Office suite of products. Knowledge of PeopleSoft ERP desired.
• Accomplished in data base analytics and a disciplined project manager.
• Understanding of strategic cost management and, has a futuristic mind set